Monday, August 9, 2010

Always the last one to know!

I have discovered ebooks and my life may NEVER be the same. I haven't gotten too big for my britches and purchased a Nook or Kindle just yet but this might make me a believer. And I'm not one of those people that needs to feel the pages in my hand to enjoy reading either. Papercuts are indeed overrated... not to mention painful. All you have to do is click and a New York Times Bestseller is right there on the screen- it's so great!


So with that being said, I am now knee-deep in Elizabeth Gilbert's novel, "Eat, Pray, Love" (seriously, is that the BEST mantra ever or what?). It's a story about a woman who marries her longtime love and somehow loses her sense of self which throws her head first into unimaginable depression, a painful divorce and a longing for a meaningful (and fulfilling)life. I'm only 7 chapters into it but the story moves quickly.


Now this isn't an endorsement for ebooks or any of that techie stuff. It's just a fantastic book and a clever new way to view it. If you haven't read "Eat, Pray, Love" pick it or click it up why don't you? It's a great read!




No comments: