Monday, July 28, 2008

Read any good books lately??




Yesterday my book club met and discussed the June/July book - 'The Last Lecture' by Randy Pausch. If you haven't heard of or read this book yet it's about Randy Pausch, a Carnegie Mellon professor whom is diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and given only months to live. Randy actually passed away this past Friday morning. The book focuses on his reflections on his childhood, the accomplishments he made academically and professionally and most of all, his young family. When I first learned this book was chosen, I was a little afraid it would be too depressing for me to get through. After reading the first few chapters, I didn't find the book to be depressing at all - it was actually quite inspiring. If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend giving it a shot.
For the August/September book, Megan has chosen:


I am really looking forward to reading this book. I hear it's hilarious. Stay tuned for my review of this book!

No comments: