Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Appointment today...

Today, Bill and I went to our appointment with Dr. Stone. Although we were told at our last appointment on February 25th that we would have an ultrasound this time, it didn't happen. As you can imagine, I got a little upset. I haven't seen my baby in 8 weeks (almost 9 weeks) and it would have been more comforting to know everything is developing properly and not leaving things up for assumption. And I suppose Tricare Prime will only allow so many ultrasounds when a patient is referred out to a civilian doctor.

We got to hear the heartbeat though and it was very loud and strong on the doppler. I just love hearing it!

I was going to have to wait until the end of April for the BIG ultrasound but I nipped that in the bud. I asked for the very earliest appointment possible around 20 weeks. She offered to do the ultrasound at St. Francis Medical Center on April 20th at 10:00 a.m. So, I will take what I can get.

I guess I'm a little frustrated because I know of two other ladies due within two weeks of my due date that do know or will know the sex of their baby before April 10th. And here I am having to wait until April 20th.

I know things could be worse but considering the week I've had, I wish the appointment today had gone better than it did.

2 comments:

Christina T said...

I'm sorry to hear about your appointment. I know that has to be frustrating. April 20th will be here before you know it. I'm so glad to hear that the heartbeat is strong! I think about you all the time. I hope everything is well. I can't believe how fast Baby Lanasa is growing!

Anne said...

Oh gosh Lindsay I'm sorry! I was really hoping to hear about your u/s. I hope April 20 gets here quickly!! I'm glad the rest of the appt went well though.