Monday, February 21, 2011

Menu Plan Monday and 18 weeks!

Well today I am 18 weeks! You know what that means- only two more weeks until the anatomy scan! Of course we are getting really anxious to see our baby again and make sure he/she is doing great. Naturally, we are also excited to see if Dominic will have a baby sister or brother to love on in a few months. We shall see!

I am feeling great! I have started feeling tiny flutters and last night, one good kick. Craving all kinds of dairy products like yogurt, cheese, ice cream and just plain 'ole skim milk. My new thing is Cheerios and milk in the morning. With Dominic, I craved Mexican food (not too easy to find in Central VA), peanut butter, and pineapple. I know that sounds terribly weird. I can still see my feet (yay) but I have definitely popped. My favorite pair of jeans are the skinny pair from Old Navy.com. I could literally sleep in them- they're just that comfortable. Oddly enough, my pre-pregnancy tops still fit and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

I've also been trying to be more organized in all areas of life. And one of my biggest organizational hurdles is trying to maintain a menu every week for the family. Dinner is a big deal in this house. All 3 (well, 4 by proxy) sit down every night to eat dinner as a family and what we eat holds a lot of weight. I stumbled upon a website that has all kinds of organizational tips, downloads and ideas for keeping your house (and your mind) in order. It's called I'm An Organizing Junkie and there seems to be a ton of good ideas and information.

Menu Plan Monday allows you to link up your blog post on the website so other blog readers can see what kinds of dinners they have planned for their families. I have already got some great ideas to give our menu some variety. Here is our menu for the week:

mealplanmonday_v1



Monday: Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese
Tuesday: Rotisserie Chicken with Potatoes and Peas
Wednesday: Sausage and Tortellini Soup
Thursday: Spinach and Mushroom Quesadillas
Friday: Spaghetti with homemade marinara
Saturday: Leftovers!

Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

Anne said...

I always feel like my cooking is SO inferior to yours!! Thanks for the ideas ;)