Monday, July 19, 2010

Finger paints and pot roast!

I try to introduce new activities for Dominic all the time. It's not an easy task when trying to keep a 10 month old entertained on a daily basis. So this weekend we made some artwork for Daddy's care package. The artwork is beautiful but the process was touch and go. Here are some pictures from our art session:

The "before" picture




The after pic. He hated the feel of the finger paints...and the fact that I wouldn't let him lick his fingers



I also had him try some pot roast. I slow cooked it all day long and pureed it. Little did I know I stumbled on a winner!




So I now make all of Dominic's baby food. Butternut squash, zucchini, cherries and blueberries all have their own shelf in my freezer. I am going to try more combinations of foods so Dominic gets some protein (from meats)but unless I combine it with a bunch of different veggies, he won't go near the stuff. And since he now hates anything coming from a jar and I am delighted to make his food to fill his little belly and help him grow big and strong.

No comments: