Wednesday, February 25, 2009

14 week appointment




Today was my first follow-up appointment. It went by so quickly! We were in and out of there in a half hour! We listened to the baby's heartbeat. It was still very strong and it took about a half a second for Dr. Stone to find it - even she was surprised! The baby's heartbeat sounded like a galloping horse and she said all my labs came back clear. Our next appointment will be on March 25th. We will get an ultrasound and since I'll be about 18 weeks at that point, we maybe able to tell what we are having (if Baby L cooperates). Then, about 4 weeks from that, we will have the BIG ultrasound to tell the sex of the baby. Of course, I am hoping for a girl and Bill is hoping for a boy. Either way, we just want a healthy baby!


Our baby is roughly the size of a lemon (hence the picture) and we can't wait to advance to new fruit in the upcoming weeks. :)

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

That's awesome! I love when people give visual references to how big their baby is throughout the pregnancy. The watermelon stage is my favorite :P

I'm glad it was a good appointment, fingers crossed that baby cooperates in 4 weeks!

Anne said...

Don't you love the bump's weekly updates?! Haha :) I fwd them to my parents and they get a kick out of them.
So happy to hear about your appt - I hope Baby L cooperates next appt so you can see the goods!

Clarabella said...

Awwwww, the little Lanasa Lemon! I am voting girl, because girls are so much fun to shop for!

We need to get together soon!