I certainly remember where I was 7 years ago today. I was running very, very late for my theater 101 class. I was driving on 695 (Baltimore's beltway) in Towson when the first plane hit. The radio announcer broke into commentary to let the listeners know. At first, it was unclear if it was an accident. When I arrived at my theater class, there was a note on the door and I went to my lecture hall not knowing all of this wasn't an accident. I arrived at my lecture hall to find a crowd of people packed into the stadium-seated room with a jumbo-tron. That's when about 100 students in the room witnessed the other plane hit. Sheer panic ensued and commuters were told to leave campus immediately and return home.
When I think about how so much has changed over the past 7 years, I think about the victims of that horrific day. I think about their families that had to find a way to carry on. All of the things I have been able to experience since then and how much my life has changed. It makes me feel lucky to be here - to make my life worthwhile. And, to live the kind of life those victims never got a chance to live.










1 comment:
Im right there with you Linds.... I cant believe it was 7 years ago. Sometimes I feel like it was yesterday...
Post a Comment